Monday, December 21, 2009

Why I am blogging


I have been asked by several friends to think about telling my story, well my journey really, of self discovery, honesty, and physical and emotional transformation to who I am today. I am not sure if anyone will find this of value or interesting, but I decided to do this as a way of documenting my continued journey for myself and if this helps anyone out there, all the better.

Let me share with you two pictures, a before and after shot. I think this will help in understanding why I call this a transformation. I will shed some light on the emotional self discovery reference later.

304lbs - 2006 190lbs 2009

Yes, that is me 114 lbs lighter and a hell of a lot happier as your can imagine. As of today, I have completed my first season as a Triathlete and have competed in three events. The first was the Kansas City Triathlon in May of 2009 - a sprint event of 800M swim, 20 K bike and 5 K run; the second was the Kansas Ultramax 50 - a 1 mile swim, 40 mile bike and 10 mile run; and finallay the Chicago Triathlon - a 1.2 mile swim, 40 K bike and 10 K run. In December of 2009 I ran in my first 1/2 Marathon - the Rock'n Roll Las Vegas Marathon. I ran the 13.1 mile event in 2:05:14 which beat my goal time by 5 min.
I just set my schedule for 2010, I will be doing several triathlons including the Chicago Tri again as I qualified ( i did the swim in under 30 min) to compete with the EAC wave in 2010. My "A" race will be a 70.3 Iron Man in 2010. I have started training for that now. My ultimate goal will be to compete in a full Iron Man event in 2011. With the help of my coach, support of my friends and a lot of hard work. I plan on getting there!
OK, enough for now. I will share more of my story soon.











1 comment: